Friday, February 19, 2010

Spiked

I'm incredibly restless at the moment. My new hair colour, the ability to travel again, recent financial gain from selling a lot of old wardrobe and paid shoots and fashion's sadistic ability to make these I really want just when I could conceivably have them are all swirling around me like little clouds.

I didn't even realise I had a spike fascination until a few weeks ago. First there was the stud sweater by Asish on the Topshop website, a cruel mix of my favourite object (grey jumpers are my happy place) and tough hedgehog-like details. Then I noticed the damn things everywhere, on headbands, bags, the shoes at Kurt Geiger are so tough and menacing I'd be shy to take them home to show my mother! Even Mother of London has produced a spiked shoulder piece that would be oh-so-easy to wear over a grey t-shirt to say "I am fierce, don't mess with me, I'm ultra chic and dangerous at the same time. I'm a dinosaur!". Add to that the quilted patent suitcase at RiverIsland that I know would be perfect to trundle along to shoots, and I'm practically in pain.

What is a girl to do?

Luckily, my birthday is coming up and I'm hoping a few good friends and well-rehearsed relatives will take pity on me and help co-fund my obsession. If all else fails, I will simply purchase a video camera and whore myself out on Clips4sale bursting bubbles and pie-facing myself until I can afford all the spiny treasures my heart desires :)

No comments:

Post a Comment